Atiz Innovation is the pioneer in book digitization hardware. Atiz has developed a revolutionary product -- BookDrive®-- the world's first and only desktop-sized, automatic page-turning scanner that eliminates manual copying and scanning.
Atiz designs BookDrives, the world's best book scanners. Atiz popularizes the V-shaped scanning solution that is widely embraced by competitors in the industry as well as the do-it-yourself community online. Since 2006, the BookDrive line of scanners has been placed in over a thousand organizations ranging from the world's most prominent academic libraries, universities and service bureaus worldwide.
BookDrive scanners offer speed and portability for the budget conscious organization determined to digitize their collections. Atiz is also a winner of the 2009 Red Herring 100 North America award.
Our mission is simple: a book scanner in every university and library in the world. We support global effort to create a universal library of all human knowledge. To date, we have helped hundreds of libraries around the world digitize millions of books in dozens of languages. We believe in the decentralized effort for it is the most viable way to create a universal library that does not leave any precious local books behind.
Atiz Innovation is a winner of the 2009 Red Herring 100 North America award.
- 2011 August ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- 2010 November Launch of BookDrive N model
- 2009 May Winner of Red Herring 100 North America Award August Promoted by Thailand's Board of Investment (BOI)
- 2008 January BookSnap featured in Newsweek article March Launch of BookDrive Pro - the mass digitization model for professionals
- 2007 April Launch of Snapter software November Launch of BookSnap - a first portable and affordable book scanner
- 2006 January Launch of first revolutionary product - BookDrive, automatic page-turning scanner. Atiz Innovation Inc. (sales and marketing office for North America) established in Los Angeles, California May Launch of second model - BookDrive DIY, easy-to-use manual scanner October Winner National Innovation Award from Thailand's National Innovation Agency
- 2005 January Atiz Innovation Co., Ltd. established in Bangkok, Thailand
While pursuing his doctorate at George Mason University, Sarasin Booppanon was fed up with having to commute from home to school just to spend hours later in the library slowly photocopying books assigned by his professors. It was obvious that an automatic page-
turning scanner, if only had it existed, would be the device to alleviate this labor-intensive, time-consuming task. To bring this idea to life, he later founded Atiz Innovation Co., Ltd. located in Bangkok, Thailand in 2005 and a year later the team successfully developed BookDrive®.
To broaden the international presence of the company and product, Nick Warnock, former finalist of the T.V. show "The Apprentice" was brought in thanks to Warnock's extensive background and past success in management and sales, as well as success on the show. As a result, Atiz Innovation, Inc. was established in Los Angeles, California in January 2006 and the rest is history.